Gas heaters need periodic servicing for safety and to avoid any operative issues. In fact, it is suggested that gas heaters need to be cleaned and serviced every one or two years.
If your gas heater is over ten years old, it is advised to have it check every year. This way the heating unit can last longer and detect workable problems it may have.
Gas heaters are essential to every home. When not used for a long time, faults can occur. A faulty gas heater may cause issues with carbon monoxide which can be hazardous to health. It is a good practice to have your gas heater checked by a gas appliance technician before you use it again after months of not being used.
Your gas heater can be a source of danger of carbon monoxide poisoning. It is important that you know how to identify a gas leak. Here are signs of mild carbon monoxide poisoning:
Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
If you suspect that your gas heater is releasing carbon monoxide, turn it off and call an expert in gas fitting Mount Crosby right away. Make sure the room is ventilated by opening the windows and doors to allow natural air to flow inside the room. Do not use the gas heater until it is completely fixed and safe to use.
You need to know how to identify a faulty gas heater to prevent the problem from escalating. If you notice any of the above signs, contact your trusted gas plumber right away.